Invisalign® vs Traditional Braces
If you are thinking about straightening your teeth, you will be probably considering the benefits of Invisalign and traditional metal braces. Both Invisalign and metal braces are designed to help you straighten your teeth and achieve a better and healthier smile. Both systems straighten your teeth and give them ideal position, improve their look and support their proper function. Even though Invisalign and metal braces have the same goal there are certain differences between these two systems. In this article we are going to look at the pros and cons of using Invisalign and braces. If you would like to learn more about Invisalign, your Vancouver dentist – Broadway Dental is a Preferred Vancouver Invisalign® provider! Come see us for a free Invisalign® consultation!
Traditional braces consists of metal brackets that are attached by glue to your teeth. They are tied together by metal wires and rubber bands. Nowadays, you can get them in the colour close to your enamel. Alternatively you can get them in any other colour you want and use them as a “fashion accessory”.
Invisalign®, as the name suggests is designed to be invisible. This system was first introduced in 1999 and it has helped thousands of patients to straighten their teeth and achieve a beautiful smile. Invisalign is a very effective method for tooth movements that are not too complicated.
Invisalign system uses clear, plastic aligners that are similar in appearance to mouth guards. The aligner trays are made of BPA-free plastic and they are switched approximately every 2 weeks. Invisalign system is removable so the patient can remove them while eating or brushing teeth. Your certified Invisalign Provider will use x-rays and impressions to create a 3-D image of your teeth in order to configure your custom aligner trays.
Broadway Dental is a Preferred Invisalign Provider in Vancouver, BC. We offer a free Invisalign consultation! Call 604-872-8201 to book an appointment with your Vancouver dentist!
Invisalign can be used to fix following dental problems:
- Crowded teeth. When there is not enough room in your jaw to fit all of the teeth.
- Also, when you have wide spaces between your teeth. It can be either caused by the abnormal growth of the jaw or due to missing teeth.
- Overbite – when the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Cross-bite – when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
- Certain types of bite irregularities
- Clear aligners and virtually invisible
- Plastic aligners are smooth and comfortable
- They are removable. You can remove them while eating or brushing and flossing your teeth.
- Do not have to worry about food getting caught in the wires
- Do not have to worry about wires irritating your gums
- Must be removed before eating or drinking
- You must brush your teeth after eating in order to avoid staining
- Usually more expensive than traditional braces
Invisalign system can be also used for straightening teeth of your kids. Here are 10 Things Parents Need To Know about Invisalign Teen®
Is the idea of straightening your teeth with virtually invisible aligners appealing to you? Look for a Preferred Invisalign Provider such as Broadway Dental in your city!